|Donald Duck Day|
Photo Credit: @ibbritt_rae
Donald Duck Day occurs on June 9th in honor of Donald Duck's birthday. On June 9, 1934, Donald Duck first premiered in Walt Disney's Silly Symphony: "The Wise Hen." In the cartoon, the Wise Hen needs help to plant corn for herself and her chicks, but Donald Duck and Peter Pig are unwilling to help the hen out. We've heard that Donald Duck acts a lot friendlier now that he has met Daisy Duck.
Celebrate this weird holiday by going on vacation to Disneyland, and take a picture with Donald Duck! Buy a Donald Duck costume and walk around through town. Wish someone a "Happy Donald Duck Day!" Cook a duck for dinner, and pretend it's Donald Duck himself. Make this his last birthday ever... Disregard the last idea. Anyways, however you decide to spend Donald Duck Day, make it memorable and fun!
Donald Duck Day Fun Facts:
- Donald Duck's middle name is "Fauntleroy."
- Donald Duck has appeared in seven animated features (more than Mickey Mouse).
- Donald Duck starred in a World War II propaganda cartoon called Der Feuhrer's Face (originally titled Donald Duck in Nutzi Land) which won an Academy Award in 1943.
- Donald Duck has his webbed feet prints in the forecourt of Mann's Chinese Theater in Hollywood, CA.
- Donald Duck has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Donald Duck is the official mascot of the University of Oregon.
- It is rumored that Mickey Mouse was created to represent who we should be, while Donald Duck was created to represent who we are.
- From 1934 to 1983, Clarence Nash was the voice of Donald Duck.
- Donald Duck's license plate number on his red vehicle is 313 (an unlucky number).
- Donald Duck lives in a town called Duckburg.
Donald Duck Day Jokes:
- What do you get if you cross Donald Duck with a whale?
- Moby Duck.
- What outfit would Donald Duck wear to a classy Hollywood party?
- A Duxedo.
- How cold was it at Disneyland?
- It was so cold that Donald Duck was seen wearing pants.
- Donald Duck...
- ...the original Angry Bird.
- What happens when Donald Duck flies upside down?
- He quacks up!
- Donald Duck walked into a drugstore and asked for a packet of condoms. "Certainly, sir," said the lady behind the counter. "Shall I put them on your bill?" Donald Duck replied, "Thit no! I'll thuficate!"
Donald Duck Day Quotes:
- "When Donald Duck traded his wings for arms, was he trading up or trading down?"
- Doug Coupland
- "Throughout my teens, I just wanted to go somewhere I could wear a Donald Duck pin and no one would care."
- Paul Feig
- "Popularity should be no scale for the election of politicians. If it would depend on popularity, Donald Duck and The Muppets would take seats in senate."
- Orson Welles
- "When I was nine years old I use to copy (not trace) the covers of the Donald Duck comics. Many years later I became a close friend of Jack Hannah, the director of the Donald Duck film shorts."
- William Jackson
- "When I was little, we had a Golden Book that had all these Disney characters in one portrait on the first page. My dad used to read from it every night. We'd play this game of find Pluto or find Donald Duck. He'd read us stories and do all the voices. Those are great memories."
- Danica McKellar
Donald Duck Day Destinations:
- Travel to Walt Disney World, and take a picture with Donald Duck on his birthday!
- If you prefer Disneyland, take a vacation there!
- Go to the Walt Disney Family Museum, and relive the memories of cartoons from your childhood.
- Go to a destination of your choice on the Disney Cruise Line. Make sure to wear your Donald Duck sailor hat!
- Go to the library, and rent a video or book about Donald Duck!
- Stay home, and read about Donald Duck Day on WeirdHoliday.com!
Alternative titles for this holiday include: National Donald Duck Day, International Donald Duck Day, Donald Duck's Birthday, National Donald Duck's Birthday, and International Donald Duck's Birthday.
Do you have another interesting fact or joke about Donald Duck Day or Donald Duck? Leave a comment below and tell us what you think! We might even add your information to this article!