|National Peanut Butter Cookie Day|
Photo Credit: @errsuz
Peanut butter cookies became a popular dessert in the early 1900s. George Washington Carver, an American scientist, botanist, educator, and inventor, promoted the peanut and its uses in 1916. Carver published three peanut butter cookie recipes in his bulletin, "How to Grow the Peanut and 105 Ways of Preparing it for Human Consumption." Schenectady Gazette published a peanut butter cookie recipe that directed the baker to add crisscrossed fork marks on the top, the first of its kind, in 1932.
Celebrate this weird holiday by seeing how many peanut butter cookies you can fit in your mouth! Walk up to a random stranger and wish him or her a "Happy National Peanut Butter Cookie Day!" Attempt to spell National Peanut Butter Cookie Day backwards! Follow our Instagram account to stay updated on the weirdest holidays that occur everyday like this one!
National Peanut Butter Cookie Day Fun Facts:
- Girl Scouts of America use about 230,000 pounds of peanut butter per week to bake Do-si-dos and Tagalongs.
- Peanut butter cream is deposited onto Do-si-dos at the rate of 2,800 per minute.
- The average peanut butter cookie contains 60 calories.
- The average peanut butter cookie contains 3.3 grams of fat.
- The average peanut butter cookie contains 4 milligrams of cholesterol.
- The average peanut butter cookie contains 52 milligrams of sodium.
- The average peanut butter cookie contains 41 milligrams of potassium.
- The average peanut butter cookie contains 7 carbohydrates.
- The average peanut butter cookie contains 1.1 grams of protein.
- The average peanut butter cookie contains enough calcium to meet 1% of your daily value.
- The average peanut butter cookie contains enough magnesium to meet 1% of your daily value.
- The average peanut butter cookie contains enough iron to meet 1% of your daily value.
National Peanut Butter Cookie Day Jokes:
- What do you get when you cross an elephant with a dairy cow in a bakery?
- A peanut butter cookie.
- Why did the peanut butter cookie cry?
- His mother was a wafer so long!
- When should you take a peanut butter cookie to the doctor?
- When it feels crummy.
- Why do basketball players love peanut butter cookies?
- Because they can dunk them!
- What is green and brown and crawls through the grass?
- A Girl Scout who has lost her peanut butter cookie.
National Peanut Butter Cookie Day Quotes:
- "If you can't control your peanut butter, you can't expect to control your life."
- Bill Watterson
- "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love."
- Charlie Brown
- "Man cannot live by bread alone; he must have peanut butter."
- James A. Garfield
- "If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream."
- Barry Goldwater
- "You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter."
- Daniel Tosh
National Peanut Butter Cookie Day Destinations:
- Visit Grandma! Grandma always has cookies.
- Go to Great American Cookies, and buy a giant peanut butter cookie!
- Find a Mrs. Fields bakery, and buy a peanut butter cookie or seven.
- Go to the grocery store, and buy some Keebler Pitter Patter Peanut Butter Créme cookies!
- Stay home, and bake your own peanut butter cookies with this awesome recipe!
- Stay home, and read about National Peanut Butter Cookie Day on WeirdHoliday.com!
Alternative titles for this holiday include: International Peanut Butter Cookie Day, Peanut Butter Cookie Day, National Peanut Butter Cookies Day, International Peanut Butter Cookies Day, and Peanut Butter Cookies Day.
Do you have another interesting fact or joke about National Peanut Butter Cookie Day or peanut butter cookies? Leave a comment below and tell us what you think! We might even add your information to this article!