Saturday, July 13, 2013
Embrace Your Geekness Day (July 13th)
Embrace Your Geekness Day
Photo Cred: @flawson_
Embrace Your Geekness Day was created by Wellcat Holidays as a way for geeks who are “into dungeon games, comic books and doing vampire dress-up” or who “spend endless hours going strange places on the internet” as a way to embrace their lifestyle! The work geek can be defined as a digital-technology expert or enthusiast, but it can also refer to an intellectual who has an abundance of enthusiasm for and some expertise about a certain subject or activity. Take out your glasses, suspenders, bow tie, pocket protector, and of course your laptop in honor of Embrace Your Geekness Day !
Dressing Like Geeks
Photo Cred: @septemberrr13
Embrace Your Geekness Day Fun Facts:
- The first computer mouse, created in 1964, was made out of wood.
- Star Wars: Episode I has made more money than Star Wars: Episode IV .
- Donald Duck ‘s middle name is “Fauntleroy.”
- -40 °C is equal to -40 °F.
- “Typewriter” is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of a keyboard.
Embrace Your Geekness Day Jokes:
- Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
- There’s a band called 1021 MB. They haven’t had any gigs yet.
- There are only two hard things in computer science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors.
- The programmer’s wife tells him, “Drive to the store, and purchase a loaf of bed. If they have eggs, get a dozen.” The programmer returned home with twelve loaves of bread.
- Three condemned people are waiting to be executed via the guillotine. The first condemned person, a minister, steps up. The switch is pulled, but the blade doesn’t come down. The minister cries out, “God knows I am innocent!” He’s pardoned. The second condemned person, a revolutionary agitator, steps up. The switch is pulled, but the blade doesn’t come down. The revolutionary agitator cries out, “The revolution cannot be stopped!” He’s pardoned. Finally, the third condemned person, an engineer, steps up. The switch is pulled, but the blade doesn’t come down. He looks up, points towards the top of the guillotine, and says, “I think your problem is that the cable is binding right here…”
Embrace Your Geekness Day Quotes:
- “I’m a geek.”
- Bill Gates
- “When I was a kid, it was a huge insult to be a geek. Now it’s a point of pride in a weird way.”
- J. J. Abrams
- “I am much more of a geek than I am an athlete.”
- Curt Schilling
- “I didn’t have a whole lot of success getting dates. I was always a bit of a geek.”
- Jim Davis
- “I’m an utterly average, total geek.”
- Julia Roberts
Embrace Your Geekness Day Destinations:
- Visit Apple’s ” Company Store ,” the original Apple Employee store located at Apple’s headquarters in Cupertino, California.
- Travel to Las Vegas, and visit Insert Coin(s) Video Game Arcade Bar
- Take a vacation to New Zealand (aka Middle Earth) where the Lord of the Rings trilogy was filmed.
- Stay home, and browse through your favorite social media platforms on your computer’s internet browser!
- Stay home, and read about Embrace Your Geekness Day on WeirdHoliday.com !
This holiday has also been called: National Embrace Your Geekness Day , International Embrace Your Geekness Day , Embrace Your Geekiness Day , National Embrace Your Geekiness Day , and International Embrace Your Geekiness Day !
July 13th is also Barbershop Music Appreciation Day, Fool’s Paradise Day, Gruntled Workers Day, International Puzzle Day, and National French Fries Day!
Embrace Your Geekness Day is celebrated in July which is: National Anti-Boredom Month, National Blueberry Month, National Cellphone Courtesy Month, National Grilling Month, National Hot Dog Month, National Ice Cream Month, and National Vacation Rental Month!
Do you have another interesting fact or joke about Embrace Your Geekness Day or geeks? Leave a comment below and tell us what you think! We might even add your information to this article!