|National Gummi Worm Day|
Photo Cred: @whatwouldleedo
The origins of National Gummi Worm Day are currently unknown, but Google recognizes this holiday as an official holiday! In 1981, Trolli invented the infamous gummy worm. The reason for making such an extraordinary candy was to give children something fun to eat, while mildly shocking their parents. Trolli's Sour Brite Crawlers not only have a duo of flavors, but they also have fluorescent colors with a slightly sour grainy coating. The flavors include orange and lime (orange and green), strawberry and raspberry (pink and blue), and lemon and cherry (yellow and red). Gummy worms are a favorite sweet treat among people all over the world.
|Gummy Worm Shots|
Photo Cred: @ahh_lyss_ahh
National Gummi Worm Day Fun Facts:
- Gummy bears and worms are the most popular varieties of gummy candy.
- "Gummi" means "rubber" in German.
- Gummy candy comes in many different shapes, including spiders, watches, hamburgers, pizza, bugs, feet, etc.
- The world's largest gummy worm in 26 inches long, 5 inches in girth, weighs about 3 pounds, and packs an impressive 4,000 calories!
- The average Trolli Sour Brite Crawler, the number one sold gummy worm, is two inches long.
National Gummi Worm Day Jokes:
- What do you call a worm who just lost his dentures?
- A gummy worm!
- Why did the gummy worm cross the road?
- To get away from the fried chicken!
- What do you call a female gummy worm?
- A gummy worman!
- What's worse than finding a gummy worm in your apple?
- Finding an empty bag of gummy worms next to it!
- What do gummy worms do before they exercise?
- Worm up!
National Gummi Worm Day Quotes:
- "The early bird catches the worm."
- William Camden
- "The early bird gets the worm. The early worm... gets eaten."
- Norman Ralph Augustine
- "If man makes himself a worm he must not complain when he is trodden on."
- Immanuel Kant
- "Envy, like the worm, never runs but to the fairest fruit; like a cunning bloodhound, it singles out the fattest deer in the flock."
- Francis Beaumont
- "God gives every bird his worm, but He does not throw it into the nest."
- P. D. James
National Gummi Worm Day Destinations:
- Take a vacation to Fürth, Bavaria, Germany, where Trolli's headquarters are located.
- Visit a candy shop, and buy a huge bag of gummy worms!
- If there's no candy store nearby, drive to the nearest grocery store and buy a package of gummy worms!
- Go to the library, and read Goosebumps: Go Eat Worms! by R. L. Stine!
- Stay home, and read about National Gummi Worm Day on WeirdHoliday.com!
This holiday has also been called: Gummi Worm Day, International Gummi Worm Day, National Gummi Worms Day, Gummi Worms Day, International Gummi Worms Day, National Gummy Worm Day, Gummy Worm Day, International Gummy Worm Day, National Gummy Worms Day, Gummy Worms Day, and International Gummy Worms Day!
July 15th is also Be a Dork Day, I Love Horses Day, National Tapioca Pudding Day, and Respect Canada Day!
National Gummi Worm Day is celebrated in July which is: National Anti-Boredom Month, National Blueberry Month, National Cellphone Courtesy Month, National Grilling Month, National Hot Dog Month, National Ice Cream Month, and National Vacation Rental Month!
Do you have another interesting fact or joke about National Gummi Worm Day or gummy worms? Leave a comment below and tell us what you think! We might even add your information to this article!