Thursday, July 25, 2013
National Hot Fudge Sundae Day (July 25th)
National Hot Fudge Sundae Day
Photo Credit: @cherrypiejay
The origins of National Hot Fudge Sundae Day are currently unknown, but Google recognizes this holiday as an official holiday! If you missed National Strawberry Sundae Day , now’s your chance to celebrate and order an ice-cold sundae! Hot fudge sundaes originated in 1906 at C.C. Browns , an ice cream parlor on Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles, CA. Since then, hot fudge sundaes have grown into a popular dessert that is a favorite of food connoisseurs around the world. Satisfy your sweet tooth today, and treat yourself to a delicious hot fudge sundae! Just remember to ask for a cherry!
Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes
Photo Credit: @katie_lovesjazzz
National Hot Fudge Sundae Day Fun Facts:
- The Fountain on Locust in St Louis, MO, offers the world’s smallest hot fudge sundae!
- Serendipity 3 in New York City, NY, offers a “golden opulence sundae,” which holds the Guinness World Record for the most expensive sundae at $1,000.
- In 2009, the Kids Club in Brunswick, GA, set the Guinness World Record for the world’s longest sundae at over 130 feet long!
- The word “sundae” is rumored to have originated as a result when druggist Chester Platt, in 1892, attempted to trademark “sunday” for his cherry syrup and ice cream dessert.
- Fudge is made by mixing sugar, butter, and milk and heating it to the soft-ball stage at 240 °F (116 °C), and then beating the mixture while it cools so that it acquires a smooth, creamy consistency.
National Hot Fudge Sundae Day Jokes:
- Only women can understand how a salad, diet drink, and a hot fudge sundae make a balanced lunch.
- An elderly man shuffled into an ice cream parlor with his crutches and carefully sat on a stool at the counter, wincing the whole time. After a moment of catching his breath and wiping his brow, he ordered a hot fudge sundae. Writing down his order, the waitress asked, “Crushed nuts?” The old man breathed wearily and replied, “No. It’s rheumatism.”
- I went into the ice cream parlor yesterday and asked the woman at the counter for a hot fudge sundae with extra hot fudge. The clerk replied, “Sorry. The hot fudge only comes in one temperature.”
- A young boy walks into a ice cream shop, about eight years old, dressed up in a little boy’s cowboy costume. He’s wearing a cowboy hat, has spurs on his boots, a bandana around his neck, and a holster on his hips holding two toy guns. The boy walks up to the counter, pulls out his guns, and points them at the lady. He says, “Give me a hot fudge sundae!” The woman smiles, says she will, and asks him “Would you like sprinkles on that?” The boy replies, withdrawing his guns again, “Give me some sprinkles.” The lady replies, “Alright. Would you like cherries on that?” The boy, with his guns drawn, answers, “Give me some cherries.” The clerk asks, “Would you like nuts on your sundae?” The boy replies, “Give me some nuts.” Finally, the lady asks, “Would you like your nuts crushed?” The boy pulls his guns out a final time and says, “Would you like your boobs blown off?!”
- What do you get when you cross 3 songs with 12 hot fudge sundaes?
- The Temptations.
National Hot Fudge Sundae Day Quotes:
- “A hot fudge sundae and a trashy novel is my idea of heaven.”
- Barbara Walters
- “Any reviewer who expresses rage and loathing for a novel is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.”
- Kurt Vonnegut
- “Always serve too much hot fudge sauce on hot fudge sundaes. It makes people overjoyed, and puts them in your debt.”
- Judith Olner
- “Watching other teams in the World Series is like watching somebody else eat a hot fudge sundae.”
- Joe Torre
- “I love hot fudge sundaes; I could die for hot fudge sundaes.”
- Bob Farrell
National Hot Fudge Sundae Day Destinations:
- Drive to a local ice cream parlor, and purchase a hot fudge sundae.
- Visit The Fountain on Locust in St Louis, MO, and buy the world’s smallest hot fudge sundae!
- If you have enough money, dine at Serendipity 3 in New York City, NY, and order the most expensive sundae in the world!
- Enjoy the comfort of your own home, and make yourself a hot fudge sundae from scratch.
- Stay home, and read about National Hot Fudge Sundae Day on Weird Holiday !
This holiday has also been called: Hot Fudge Sundae Day , International Hot Fudge Sundae Day , National Hot Fudge Sundaes Day , Hot Fudge Sundaes Day , and International Hot Fudge Sundaes Day !
July 25th is also Act Like a Caveman Day, Culinarians Day, National Carousel (Merry-Go-Round) Day, and Thread the Needle Day!
National Hot Fudge Sundae Day is celebrated in July which is: National Anti-Boredom Month, National Blueberry Month, National Cellphone Courtesy Month, National Grilling Month, National Hot Dog Month, National Ice Cream Month, and National Vacation Rental Month!
Do you have another interesting fact or joke about National Hot Fudge Sundae Day or hot fudge sundaes? Leave a comment below and tell us what you think! We might even add your information to this article!